Tag: best of
Posted By e_j_buster on 01/01/2013 at 03:00AM
Albums, EPs, and live performances:
- Death By Misadventure - The Green Pajamas (Green Monkey Records)
- Lonerism - Tame Impala (Modular)
- Dead Air - Atomic Bride
- Santee- Live at Hollow Earth Radio 5-26-12. (Santee doesn’t have an official album out yet, but they have a full album’s worth of great songs. You can find their awesome 5-26-12 Hollow Earth Radio live set in the podcast pages.)
- A Voice Hears You From Mysterious Places - Marianne Nowottny and Barry Schwabsky (Abaton Book Company)
- Static - Tiny Knives (Stankhouse Records)
- 1 Outta 6 Ain't Bad (When I Still Loved You) - Sip's Odyssey
- Special Explosion!
- Awe Naturale - THEESatisfaction (Sub Pop)
- Adult Soft Record - Rusty Willoughby
- Nod and the Hobgoblins (Lost Sound Tapes)
- Danzig In The Moonlight - Ken Stringfellow (Spark and Shine)
- Spectral Disorder - Black Hat (Debacle Records)
- Apocalypse Dreams - Tame Impala
- What You Give - Rusty Willoughby
- Jesus Was An Only Child - Ken Stringfellow
- Curse The Night - The Raveonettes
- Sweat - THEESatisfaction
- This Is How It Goes - Cory Chisel & The Wandering Sons
- Song 4 of 8 Live at Hollow Earth Radio 5-26-12 - Santee
- Miranda - Marianne Nowottny & Barry Schwabsky
- Tomato Kitty - Special Explosion
- You Can't Look - The Green Pajamas
- Pine Bender - Nod and the Hobgoblins
- Endors Toi - Tame Impala
Konspiracy Korner airs every Thursday night from 9 to 11 PST.
Posted By Domenica on 12/22/2012 at 01:43AM
This last year I have had the pleasure of hosting both The Inland Buoy radio program and The Buoy and The Bellow. Through these programs, I have discovered a lot of new music, but this year I mostly focused on older music, given my current musical obsessions are classic disco and electrofunk. So the following list isn't definitive, as I know there is a lot I haven't heard that I would probably have loved if I heard it.
- Belbury Poly - The Belbury Tales and in general all the Ghost Box/hauntological stuff, I can't get enough of it.
- Demdike Stare - Elemental Part 1 & 2
- Julia Holter - Ekstasis
- Actress - R.I.P
- Carter Tutti Void - Transverse
- Mykki Blanco - "Wavvy"
- Anticipating Scott Walker's Bish Bosch. I still haven't heard it.
- Terrence Dixon - "Dark City of Hope (Main Mix)"
- Todd Terje remixes in general, especially his remix of "Love is the Drug"
- Kuedo - Severant
- Games - "Strawberry Skies". Not a new song, but I couldn't stop listening to it and the Gatekeeper remix this year. I am a bit behind the times.
- Marielle Jakobsons - Glass Canyon
- Stuff I haven't heard everything by but I enjoyed immensely: Andy Stott, SpaceGhostPurrp, Burial, Flying Lotus, X-TG, Richard Youngs' new album, Swans.
- Lee Hazlewood - The LHI Years: Singles, Nudes and Backsides
- Om - Advaitic Songs
- Black to Comm - Earth
- Dull Knife - Dull Knife on the lovely Debacle Records.
- Motion Sickness of Time Travel everything.
- The Conrad Schnitzler CON anthology show I did with Gen Ken Montgomery
- Marrying DJ Dusty Mantle to the sounds of our favorite post-punk band.